IOP Publishing journals see substantial Journal Impact Factor growth
The 2018 Journal Impact Factors, published by Clarivate Analytics, show significant growth for journals published by IOP Publishing and its partners, with 83 per cent seeing an increase.
Particularly notable performances for individual journals include (in alphabetical order):
- 2D Materials, further consolidating its position as the world’s leading specialist journal for two-dimensional materials with an Impact Factor of 7.343.
- The Astrophysical Journal Letters, published on behalf of the American Astronomical Society, with an increase to 8.374.
- Biofabrication, which increased to 7.236, reinforcing its position as a leading specialist journal in its field.
- Chinese Physics C, which saw its Impact Factor increase by 78 per cent to 5.861.
- Environmental Research Letters increased its Impact Factor to 6.192, ranking it in the top tier of journals for environmental science.
- Quantum Science and Technology received its first Impact Factor of 3.022.
- Plasma Sources Science and Technology, which increased to 4.128, making it the top specialist plasma science journal in the world.
- Smart Materials and Structures achieved its highest ever Impact Factor of 3.543, a 20 per cent increase on last year.
Antonia Seymour, Publishing Director at IOP Publishing, said: “Working hand-in-hand with our authors, reviewers, editorial boards and society partners, we’ve delivered another stellar set of Impact Factor results, whilst continuing to grow the number of articles we publish and providing more publishing choices for the scientific community we serve.
“We strive to offer a world class publishing experience that reflects researchers’ desires to have maximum impact and influence in their field, whether that’s measured by citations, downloads, press coverage or online attention.”
The full list of 2018 Impact Factors for journals published by IOP Publishing is available here.