- IOP Publishing does not endorse any product or service advertised in, or any commercially sponsored content published in, any IOP Publishing publications or websites. Any commercially sponsored content will be clearly identified as being sponsored.
- Editorial content and decisions are not influenced by any advertisers or sponsors. Advertisers and sponsors have no influence over the results of searches conducted on any IOP Publishing website.
- IOP Publishing may decline any type of advertising that could be damaging to the IOP Publishing brand or is otherwise at odds with the content contained on any IOP Publishing website.
- The identity of the advertiser and the product or service on offer should be clearly identified in any advertisements. Advertisements and editorial content must be clearly distinguishable.
- Advertising must not:
- Contain offensive language or artwork;
- Contain unfair comparisons of a competitor’s products or services;
- Contain deceptive or misleading claims;
- Be able to be perceived as discriminatory toward any individual or group, including but not limited to discrimination on the grounds of race, age, gender, location, sexual orientation, disability, appearance, religion / belief, human rights, social / economic status, political philosophy, reputation and/or scientific viewpoint.
- IOP Publishing may remove any advertisement or sponsored content contained in any IOP Publishing publication or website if it is subsequently found to breach this policy, or if it otherwise breaches the Conditions for Acceptance of Advertising.
Advertising complaints policy
Please send any complaints about advertising to firstname.lastname@example.org