PARTNERING FOR SUCCESS
Discover a true partnership with a publisher who shares your goals. Our mission is to deliver impact, recognition and value to the scientific community, and that includes supporting you to do the same.
Work with us
Working closely with the global scientific community has been at the centre of our publishing activity for more than a century. Our mission is to deliver impact, recognition, and value to all in the dissemination of knowledge.
We offer a supportive and collaborative partnership to other learned societies, and we are a global team of publishing professionals with a wealth of experience in delivering research publications including journals, books, conference proceedings and science news and magazines. Here are just a few reasons why we’re the right fit for you:
Professionally respected – you’ll join more than 30 learned societies who’ve chosen us to publish their journals and books, including the American Astronomical Society (AAS), the Deutsche Physikalische Gesellschaft (DPG), The Electrochemical Society (ECS), and the Chinese Physical Society (CPS).
Customer focus – more than 85% of our published authors rate us ‘better’ or ‘much better’ than other publishers.
Global presence – our content is accessed by more than 6,600 institutions across 126 countries, and represented at major conferences and scientific events across the globe.
Our culture – continuous improvement with a steady hand
“We help our partners to innovate by not assuming anything, and instead asking questions and applying our experience to find new solutions.”
Antonia Seymour, Publishing Director
Developing a successful publishing programme is an ongoing learning process. New technologies arise, funder mandates and user expectations keep changing, and it can be difficult to stay on top of the latest developments.
Our approach to partnerships is to offer you the best of both worlds – expert consultation to support you in your decision making, and a programme of continuous improvement initiatives to iterate and innovate on the way we work on your behalf.
Recent improvements include:
- Reducing our acceptance time by more than 30%
- Creating ‘Track my article’, to get real time information on their article during the publication process in seconds
- Regular personal contact and support with a dedicated partner manager
- Regular and transparent reporting on financial results and activity
- Open access and open science expertise
- Industry-leading customer service departments across the globe
- Consultancy on all aspects of the publishing process, policies, marketing, copyright and ethical issues
- International marketing and sales teams to provide expertise, advice and guidance
- Our in-house content hosting platform IOPscience embraces innovative technologies to make it easier for researchers to discover and access all the content they need