Terms and conditions
IOP Publishing Limited is a company registered in England and Wales under company number 00467514 and we have our registered offices at Temple Circus, Temple Way, Bristol, BS1 6HG, UK.
References to “IOP” mean the Institute of Physics and/or IOP Publishing as appropriate. References to “this website” are to the specific IOP website from which the user is linking to these Terms and Conditions.
Please read this document carefully. By accessing or using any part of this website, you confirm that you accept these Terms and Conditions and that you shall comply with them all. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions you must not use this website. If you have any questions, please-mail email@example.com.
We amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Every time you wish to use this website, please check them first to ensure that you understand those that apply at that time. These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 19 February 2019.
Using this website
This website is maintained by IOP for personal viewing and use. For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, all references to the “user” are to any person who accesses or uses this website or any of the services provided by it, whether on their own behalf or on behalf of an organisation or institution that they represent.
- The user shall keep user names and passwords strictly confidential and secure. The user shall not disclose this information to any third party.
- The user shall use this website only in accordance with these Terms and Conditions, and only for lawful purposes and in a lawful manner.
- If the user submits information for display on this website then they shall ensure that it is true, accurate, complete and up to date, and shall update it whenever necessary. The user shall ensue that no data are uploaded or submitted that are defamatory, obscene, abusive or otherwise objectionable or in breach of any applicable laws or third-party rights.
- By submitting data for display on this website, the user warrants that they have taken all reasonable precautions to ensure that they are free from viruses and anything else that might have a contaminating or destructive effect on any part of this website or any other technology.
- The user shall configure their information technology, computer programs and platform to access this website. The user shall use their own virus protection software.
- The user shall make no attempt to undermine the integrity of this website or any of its content, and shall not adapt or circumvent the systems in place in connection with this website nor access it other than through normal operations.
- Systematic downloading of files is prohibited.
- The terms of IOP’s Disclaimer are incorporated within these Terms and Conditions.
- Without limiting its rights to seek other remedies, IOP reserves the right to change, alter or remove all or part of this website, temporarily or permanently, and without notice and without liability. This includes the right to remove offending material placed on this website by the user that IOP considers, in its discretion, to constitute misuse of this website or to be potentially harmful to other users.
- These Terms and Conditions are in addition to, and supplement, any other Terms and Conditions that the user is required to accept in order to access any of IOP’s specific goods or services on this website.
- IOP will use its reasonable endeavours to allow uninterrupted access to this website but cannot guarantee that access will always be available. IOP may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of this website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal wherever reasonably practicable.
- IOP has the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time and continued use of this website after the change shall be deemed as acceptance of the changed Terms and Conditions. It is the responsibility of the user to check the Terms and Conditions frequently for changes and to discontinue use if the user is unhappy with the changes.
- IOP reserves the right to prohibit access by persons to all or part of this website or the services provided on it at its sole discretion.
- Each provision of these Terms and Conditions shall be construed separately and independently of each other and the invalidity of any one part shall not affect the validity of any other part.
- English law governs these Terms and Conditions and the English courts shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any disputes.
- This website may include trade marks of IOP. You are not permitted to use these trade marks without IOP’s prior written approval.
If the user has any questions or comments about these Terms and Conditions, they should contact:
Group Legal Adviser
Bristol BS1 6HG
Tel +44 (0)117 929 7481
Fax +44 (0)117 929 4318