Nuclear Fusion Award
Each year, the Nuclear Fusion Editorial Board shortlist ten papers for the Nuclear Fusion Award.
Read the shortlisted papers for the 2015 prize.
Read the shortlisted papers for the 2014 prize.
Read the shortlisted papers for the 2013 prize.
Read the shortlisted papers for the 2012 prize.
H Urano, T Takizuka, Y Kamada, N Oyama, H Takenaga and the JT-60 Team for their paper ‘Dimensionless parameter dependence of H-mode pedestal width using hydrogen and deuterium plasmas in JT-60U’
Read the shortlisted papers for the 2011 prize.
Rules and criteria
- The Nuclear Fusion Editorial Board judges this award, considering papers published in Nuclear Fusion three years ago.
- Nominations are based on citations and recommendation by the Board of Editors. The winner, selected by secret ballot, is the one judged to have made the greatest scientific impact.
- Award winners are announced in October.
- Presentations for the winners are made at the Fusion Energy Conference. (Note that this is a bi-annual conference and so during non-conference years, the award winner is announced but the presentation is postponed until the following year.)
- The prize winner is awarded with a cheque for $2500.