ABSW IOP Student Science Publication Award now open
The IOP Student Science Publication Award, one of the ABSW Science Writers’ Awards, is now open for entry.
Launched in 2014, the award which is supported by IOP Publishing and the Institute of Physics, recognises the contribution that student publishers make to science communication. It is open to student journalists who produce a regular science publication such as a newsletter or magazine (print or online).
Last year’s award went to Broadsheet and the runner up was I, Science.
Winners enter the ABSW hall of fame that includes previous award winners Sir David Attenborough, Sir John Maddox (Nature), and Judith Hann (BBC Tomorrow’s World).
- The closing date for entries is midnight on Wednesday 16 March 2016.
- A certificate and cash prize of £300 will be presented to the award winner.
- The runner up will receive a certificate and cash prize of £200.
- Winners will be announced at the 3rd European Conference of Science Journalists on Saturday 23 July 2016 in Manchester.
- Full details of the rules and the entry form can be found on ABSW’s website.