The IOP ebooks™ collection brings together innovative digital publishing with leading authors from across the physical sciences. Our mission is to provide a compelling platform for our authors’ work, to make their voices heard and to advance knowledge and learning. As a society publisher we are able to provide a high-quality, personal service to authors, and deliver impact and visibility in the global scientific community.
Our ebook collections offer high-quality research across the physical sciences. They have been created to meet the needs of students, early-career researchers and established leaders in the respective fields.
Research and reference texts
Valuable topic overviews that provide a way into the primary literature via extensive references. They include monographs, handbooks and edited collections.
For advanced undergraduate and graduate-level students, our course texts include a range of features such as reader exerts and interactive Q&A content for an enriched learning experience.
Broad interest titles
Accessible insights into the latest hot topics, often taking a multidisciplinary approach.
We partner with world-leading scientific societies who are at the forefront of their fields of expertise and know the needs of their communities to publish highly relevant books.
• Designed from the outset as a digital book programme
• Comprehensive range of digital formats including HTML, PDF, Kindle and EPUB3 formats
• All titles also published in full colour print book format
• Multimedia content – videos, animations and interactive elements are integral features of the ebooks
• Unlimited access for all readers at purchasing institutions
• Global reach and impact for your work – at more than 1000 purchasing institutions worldwide
• Rapid production times – typically three months from the submission of your manuscript to publication
• A friendly and personal service – a dedicated editor will guide you through the publishing process
• Working to promote science – we reinvest our financial surplus in advancing science via the activities of the Institute of Physics and our many partner societies
• Raising your profile – our sales and marketing teams create targeted and timely promotions ensuring demand for your book
• Remuneration – fair and transparent payment for authors
A full list of published and forthcoming titles can be found on our pricing and ordering page on IOPscience.
Individual book purchasers
Purchase print and ebooks directly from our bookstore. Start browsing today.
Publish with us
Make IOP ebooks the natural home for your long-form scientific publishing and take advantage of our innovative publishing features.
As an IOP author you will partner with dedicated professionals working in our editorial, production, design, sales and marketing teams giving life to your work beyond the page. If you are interested in publishing a book with us, we would love to hear from you. We are currently commissioning in all areas of the physical sciences.
We pride ourselves on offering our authors exceptional service, speed of publishing and a smooth overall experience. But don’t just take our word for it, see what our existing authors have to say.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
Want to be the first to hear all the news from IOP ebooks, or simply to discuss purchase options? Contact us at email@example.com or leave your details here and we will get back to you.