Join the growing list of societies who have entrusted us to publish their journals.
Discover a true partnership with a society publisher that will work with you to achieve your society goals. We invest in our relationship with you to understand what is important to you, your community, and your mission.
Launch a new journal
We have a great deal of experience launching new titles, either on our own or with a partner. Since 2018 we have launched 16 new journals, three in collaboration with partners, and nine as gold or platinum open access.
When you launch a new journal, you can rely on us to make it smooth and simple, with services such as:
- Visibility and discoverability on our online publishing platform IOPscience, with full support for abstracting and indexing of the articles on services such as Scopus and Web of Science
- Professional, online editorial management system with a new ScholarOne site
- Efficient management of the production and typesetting process (including creation of full metadata), from acceptance to online publication
- Management of all author billing services for gold open access fees
- Clear reporting on key metrics to inform decision making
- Strategic consultation with our publishing development team
- Support with best practices and new developments in the publishing arena
- Advice on publication ethics
- Inclusion in our global marketing programme, targeting both institutional customers and researchers
Partner with us for your existing publishing programme
Partnering with a new publisher can seem daunting and we’ve refined our transition planning to ensure that nothing is missed, so you don’t have to worry. We’ll take the time to work with you to discover your needs and objectives for both the journal and your wider organisation.
When you partner with us for your existing programme, you will enjoy:
- A clear transition plan, detailing exactly what you can expect to happen and when
- A dedicated member of staff to co-ordinate your transition, as well as access to key members from all relevant departments such as production, hosting, marketing, and sales
- A global sales team, experts in finding the right customers for your journals
- Regular meetings to discuss progress and resolve any issues quickly
- The option to redesign your journal(s) with our specialist design team
- Management of copyright and permissions requests
Experts in open access
We have proudly been at the forefront of the open access revolution, launching the first ever fully open access physics journal in 1998 – New Journal of Physics (NJP). The journal goes from strength to strength, reaching an impressive five million article downloads in 2018 alone.
Since the launch of NJP, we have continued to support the open science movement, creating our new Open Physics hub, pledging to increase access, transparency and inclusivity to accelerate scientific discovery. Our contribution to open physics combines an evolving programme of publications, activities and policies that we believe will not only encourage and support increased access, transparency and inclusivity, but do so in ways and time frames that will serve the needs of the global physical-science community.
We also understand that managing a publishing programme that supports a society’s financial objectives in the context of this evolving market place can be daunting and complex. We offer expertise and advice to help our partners meet these market challenges.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.