References to “IOP” mean the Institute of Physics and/or IOP Publishing, as appropriate. References to “this website” are to the specific IOP website from which the user is linking to this Disclaimer.
- This Disclaimer contains important information about your use of this website. Please read it carefully. While IOP takes reasonable steps to ensure that the information contained on this website is accurate, the contents are provided “as is” and only for general information purposes. This Disclaimer was last updated on 19 February 2019.
- IOP does not monitor, verify or endorse information submitted for posting on this website and does not guarantee the accuracy, reliability, completeness or usefulness of, or otherwise adopt or endorse, any information or services provided. No responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of IOP for any error, omission or misleading statement on this website or any website to which its pages connect, or for any injury, loss or damage that occurs as a result of an opinion expressed or information provided. IOP cannot guarantee that any information or services are still current and/or applicable, and it is the sole responsibility of the user to ensure that any information that they access from this website is accurate, complete and useful.
- Any information submitted for posting on this website expresses the views of its author and shall not be deemed to express the views of IOP. IOP can remove objectionable content and will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable timeframe, if it determines that removal is necessary. As this is a manual process, however, it may not be possible to remove or edit particular content immediately. Considering the real-time nature of this website, it is impossible for IOP to review content instantly or to confirm the validity of posted information. IOP is a distributor only (and not a publisher) of any third-party content on this website.
- To the extent permitted by applicable law, IOP disclaims all warranties and representations (whether express or implied) as to the accuracy of any information contained on this website and does not guarantee that this website will be fault-free.
- Due to the nature of electronic transmission of data over the Internet, and the number of users by whom data is posted onto this website, any liability that IOP may have for any losses or claims arising from an inability to access this website, or from any use of this website or reliance on data transmitted using it, is excluded to the fullest extent permissible by law. In no event shall IOP be liable for any loss of profit, data, revenues, goodwill, opportunity, business, anticipated savings or other indirect or consequential loss of any kind in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise arising out of use of this website, save where such liability cannot be excluded by law.
- While IOP makes every reasonable effort to check and test material at all stages of production, it recommends that users run an anti-virus program on all material downloaded from this website. IOP makes no warranty that the contents of this website are free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties, and it cannot accept responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to a user’s data or computer system that may occur while using material derived from this website.
- No mention of any organisation, company or individual, whether on this website or on other websites to which its pages are linked, implies any approval or warranty as to their standing or capability on the part of IOP. In addition, IOP accepts no liability for any goods or services provided by third-party suppliers.
- IOP does not process credit-card payments in-house. Any credit-card details the user enters via an IOP site will go directly to a third party’s website to be processed. All third parties used by IOP to process card payments are required to provide contractual assurances that they comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard and IOP will use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that third parties process such payments in accordance with that standard.