ABSW IOP Student Science Publication Award now open
11 Feb 2015Bristol, UK
The IOP Student Science Publication Award, one of the ABSW Science Writers’ Awards, is now open for entry.
Launched last year, the award, supported by IOP Publishing and the Institute of Physics, recognises the contribution that student publishers make to science communication. It is open to student journalists who produce a regular science publication such as a newsletter or magazine (print or online).
The 2014 award went to Women Rock Science and its editor Hadiza Mohammed. The runner up was The Gist, a printed magazine from the University of Strathclyde.
Winners enter the ABSW hall of fame that includes previous award winners Sir David Attenborough, Sir John Maddox (Nature), and Judith Hann (BBC Tomorrow’s World).
- The closing date for entries is midnight on Wednesday 18 March 2015.
- A certificate and cash prize of £300 will be presented to the award winner.
- The runner up will receive a certificate and cash prize of £200.
- Winners will be announced at an evening reception on Wednesday 25 June 2015 at The Royal Society, London.
- Full details of the rules and the entry form can be found on ABSW’s website.