Journal Impact Factor growth for IOP Publishing journals
The 2017 Journal Impact Factors, published by Clarivate Analytics, show significant growth for journals published by IOP Publishing, with more than half of the portfolio seeing an increase on last year.
Particularly notable performances for individual journals include (in alphabetical order):
- 2D Materials, cementing its position as the world’s leading specialist journal for 2D materials with a Journal Impact Factor of 7.042.
- The Astrophysical Journal Letters, published on behalf of the American Astronomical Society, with an increase to 6.634
- Biofabrication increased to 6.838, further consolidating its place as the top journal in its field
- Journal of Statistical Mechanics: Theory & Experiment increased its impact factor to 2.404, ranking it in the top 10 per cent of journals in its field
- Physica Scripta increased its Journal Impact Factor by almost 50 per cent to 1.902, and now ranks in the top half of multidisciplinary physics journals
- Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion saw its Journal Impact Factor increase by 37 per cent to 3.032.
- Surface Topography: Metrology and Properties receiving its first Journal Impact Factor of 2.074.
Antonia Seymour, Publishing Director, said: “IOP Publishing is all about delivering impact, recognition and value to the scientific community. This excellent set of Journal Impact Factor results demonstrates that commitment to the researchers we serve.
“Without the unfailing support and hard work of our many authors, referees, editorial boards and society partners, IOP Publishing’s continued growth and success would not be possible. We are continually looking to improve the publishing experience that members of the scientific community have with us, ensuring authors can have maximum impact in their field.”
The Journal Impact Factor is not the full story. Other measures, such as article level metrics, help demonstrate the wider impact of individual articles. Using tools such as Altmetric, we now provide a range of information on where articles are being written about by the media and bloggers, referenced on Wikipedia, and discussed on social media.
A full list of IOP Publishing Journals’ 2017 Impact Factors can be found here.